- 2 ft 5/8" hose
- duct tape
- 1 gallon freezer bags
- damp sponge
- kitchen towel
You probably have all of this stuff laying around, so it might be totally free.
- Tape the hose into the vacuum nozzle.
- Fill a gallon freezer bag about 3/4 full with hops.
- Wipe the bag seal with the sponge to clean it (it will probably have hops particles on it, which will cause the bag to lose its seal).
- Zip the bag completely shut.
- Open the bag about an inch in the middle.
- Turn on the vacuum.
- Push the hose into the bag about 4".
- With one hand, pinch the zipper as closed as possible, with the other hand, press down on the hops to help compress them.
- Place the sponge over where the hose enters the bag and hold. This will make the vacuum even better.
- Slowly pull the hose out of the bag.
- Press down on the sponge to seal the bag zipper.
5 HP shop vac: