Yet another attempt at perfecting a guava IPA recipe. I didn't have on hand the same ingredients as last time, so I made some changes that should still be good.
10 gallon batch
15 lbs 2-row
5 lbs pilsner
2.5 lbs wheat
1 kg guava paste
Mashed at 153F for 1 hour. Batch sparge. Collected 4 gallons in the BK, so I used 10 gallons for the sparge, 9 to go into the BK, and an extra gallon for a batch of malted cider. Adjusted pH of the mash and the sparge to ~5.3. Recirc for about 10 minutes each batch.
90 minute boil
5/8 oz Citra and 1 oz Sorachi Ace, FWH
3 oz Magnum, 60 min
3 oz Citra, 5 min
I was short on Citra, last time I'd used 1.75 oz as FWH. I figured it would be better to use the Citra for a flavor addition at 5 minutes, and the Sorachi Ace has enough citrus flavors that it should be complimentary.
London Ale III, 2 quarts from a previous batch.
OG: 1.057, 1060 actual
SRM: 9.6 (I have set the SRM for the guava paste to 60 in my brewing software, it's just a guess.)